HOW TO CHOOSE YOUR IDEAL MINI LIFT
If you are wondering how to choose your ideal mini-lift, know that Mobility Care thanks to its decades of experience will be able to provide you with all the information you need to get the best product suited to your needs.
If you are thinking of building or buying a house, we advise you to evaluate some fundamental aspects that the majority of our customers do not take into consideration and then regret it in the future.
Over the years, motor difficulties may arise that make even small movements between the floors of the same house difficult if not impossible. These are assessments that are not always made since we normally think of the present and do not evaluate the degree of accessibility to the property.
We always recommend that you take this aspect into consideration and reserve a space dedicated to the installation of a lifting platform, also known as a mini lift due to its functional similarity to a real lift, in order to avoid huge costs for heavy building work in old age. Our closed shaft elevators are essential for the movement of a disabled person in a wheelchair or to make it easier for an elderly person with walking difficulties to overcome the stairs. Being an aid to lifting any weight, these devices are supportive for the whole family: for moving the baby’s stroller or for daily shopping from one floor to another. All facilities that allow you not to physically burden the people who live in those domestic spaces. Another important factor while you are evaluating how to choose your ideal mini lift is that the installation of a Mobility Care home lift, enriched in the design by a wide choice of colors and types of cladding, allows you to enhance the environment from an architectural point of view. surrounds it. In addition to re-evaluating the property itself in case of future sale, our closed compartment elevators products allow us to improve the quality of life of people regardless of whether they have motor disabilities.
MINI-LIFTS OPERATING MODES
The operating modes of Mobility Care mini lifts are mainly of two types: hydraulic and electric traction .
Hydraulic mini-lift : in this type of lift the ascent is generated by a piston which acts on the stress of a fluid oil hydraulic pump. The electric motor generates the pressure during the ascending phase, while in the descending phase it moves thanks to the force of gravity and the reflux valve that lets the oil flow into a tank until the desired level is reached.
Advantages : lower costs than the electric version for both purchase and maintenance. Simple to install as the assembly is done practically all on the lower floor of the compartment inside the pit. The hydraulic lifting platform supports higher capacities than other types of handling.
Electric mini-lift : this type of domestic lifts are electrically driven . The movement is generated by a motor placed in the upper part of the compartment which transmits traction to the cables that lift and hold the cabin. The electric motor works both in the ascent phase and in the descent phase.
The lifting machinery is placed inside the compartment where the elevator operates. It therefore does not need a dedicated machine room.
Advantages : the energy consumption is comparable to that of a common household appliance even if, compared to the hydraulic version, it occurs in the descent phase. Performance in the direction of travel is higher thanks to an inverter system that makes starting and stopping more comfortable and smooth, as well as providing greater accuracy in arriving at the floor.
Read the in-depth analysis on the types of motors of mini elevators, the main differences between hydraulic motors, electric motors with gearmotor and gearless electric motors and the relative advantages of each other .
To help you understand how to choose your ideal mini-lift, one of our agents will come to your home for free to describe the main features and the installation method that best suits your needs.
There is a wide range of solutions and models that can be right for you (both for the electric drive version and with the hydraulic movement). Some do not require structural interventions or changes to the house.
If there is no masonry compartment in your property, the ideal solution is to proceed, inside or outside the house, with the construction of a metal structure called frame built according to the dimensions available in compliance with anti-seismic standards.
In this case you can further customize your mini lift by choosing between the different types of cladding to be inserted in the external walls of the compartment such as: painted steel infill, glass or transparent material cladding.
It is certainly much simpler and more practical to install inside a masonry compartment, but obviously it must be prepared during the design phase or integrated if you are in the initial stages of building the property.
In the case of an existing home, our agents will help you free of charge without obligation to understand how to choose your mini lift and identify the ideal and cheapest solution to solve your problems of overcoming architectural barriers. We will find the solution to make your movements smooth both inside and outside the home.
STRONG POINTS MOBILITY CARE MINI LIFTS
In addition to the free inspection directly to your home, we also recommend that you view some images of the installations on our site and take into consideration the following strengths of the mini lifts marketed by Mobility Care:
- simplicity : reduced masonry work and simplicity of installation allow you to put an elevator into service in a few days thanks to the few centimeters of pit and headroom. The reduced consumption does not allow connection to the normal home electrical network using the 230 V municipalities. We also provide turnkey solutions by directly following the design phase and authorization requests at the Municipal Technical Offices;
- safety : in the event of a power failure, the hydraulic lift or mini-lift is equipped with an automatic device that allows you to exit to the lower floor. For the electric version, however, you can safely complete the up or down travel and exit at the desired floor as the lift can be equipped with a safety battery;
- accessibility : get help from one of our sales technicians to understand how to choose your ideal mini-lift to make your life independent. The cabins will be made according to your specific needs and the required measures. There are special accessories that the elevator can be equipped with, ideal for people with motor disabilities, such as opening with a motorized door or calling the floor;
- technology : the motors used for the Mobility Care elevators can be of the Gearless type (they do not need a dedicated motor compartment) and driven by an inverter. They allow to obtain the maximum efficiency with the lowest consumption. Thanks to new technologies, which make elevators more efficient by reducing consumption, a simple lifting platform for the home, both with traction and hydraulic pump, can consume about 100 KW in one year of operation. More or less the same consumption as a vacuum cleaner.
- compartment dimensions : in the case of new buildings, the project must include cabins with a minimum depth of 140 cm by 110 cm wide and with doors that have a minimum opening of 80 cm of light. The free space in front of the booth exit must be 150 cm by 150 cm. In the event that the elevator is to be installed inside an existing house, the reference measurements must be slightly lower: 120 cm deep, 80 cm wide and a net door opening of not less than 75 cm with one free space in front of the exit from the cabin of 140 × 140 cm;
Mobility Care, thanks to its qualified staff, will help you solve the problem of how to choose your ideal mini lift.
PRICES AND FUNDING FOR A MINI LIFT
Mobility Care sells a wide range of elevators and aids for the elderly and disabled at ultra-competitive prices while maintaining high quality and grants interest-free loans to be able to purchase your product in convenient monthly installments. The price for a lift, hydraulic or traction, or a domestic mini-lift can start from € 9,000 + VAT for the basic version, up according to the types of coating and optional.
With the closed shaft elevators of Mobility Care you can take advantage of tax concessions for the removal of architectural barriers . If you are renovating your home you will be able to benefit from the IRPEF deduction of 50% on the expenses incurred. It should be noted that these elevators enjoy a 4% reduced VAT regime. In the case of installation on a new home, if you have a certificate of disability as well as a request from your physiatrist from the ASL you belong to, certifying the correlation between motor disability and the usefulness of the product, you can deduct 19% of the entire expense from the personal income tax .
The Law 13 of 1989 < / a> introduced the possibility of requesting grants for the elimination of architectural barriers in private buildings; often, however, these contributions were not paid or were only partially paid due to a certain discontinuity in the financing of the related fund.
Mobility Care also deals with the sale of stairlifts for the elderly, stairlift with tracks < / strong>, stairlift with wheels , closed compartment elevators and open compartment elevators suitable for overcoming architectural barriers inside and outside the home, industrial freight elevators and modular ramps. Contact us via the toll-free number 800 598078 to obtain further information from our sales department about our accessibility products.